It is important to update the operating system of the iPad that you have recently bought from wholesale iPad dealers, if it is not already updated. Updating to the latest version will ensure optimum performance and will offer you access to the latest features. You will be able to update the device wirelessly or making use of iTunes. However, you need to make sure to take a backup of the device before using iCloud or iTunes to update the device.
Wirelessly Updating your iPad
If a message saying that an update is available is displayed on your iPad display, you can tap on the Install Now button and follow the below steps.
- Plug in your iPad and connect it to the Wi-Fi network.
- Tap on Settings, choose General, and then select Software Update.
- From the Software Update window, select Download and Install. A message might ask you to remove apps temporarily for the iOS to make space to install the update. If you see the message, you can tap on the Continue button to remove some apps.
- Tap on the Install button to update your device. You may also choose Later and then select Remind Me Later or Install Tonight. If you select Install Tonight, you just need to plug in the device to the wall charger before going to bed. The device will update automatically overnight.
- If asked, you will need to type in the passcode.
Updating your iPad from iTunes
If you are unable to update iPad wirelessly for some reasons, you can manually update the device making use of iTunes. If the computer is making use of personal hotspot in the iPad that you are trying to update, disconnect it and connect the computer to a different Wi-Fi network and then follow the below steps.
- Install the latest version of iTunes on the computer.
- Connect the iPad to the computer with the cable.
- Open iTunes on the computer and select the iPad from the Device List.
- Select Summary and then tap on Check for Update.
- Tap on Download and Update.
- Type in your passcode if asked for and wait for the update to install successfully.
These are the simple steps to update the operating system of your iPad. Get in touch with an iPad support team or any technical assistance with the update process.